Sports Premium funding aims to improve the quality of provision in every state primary school in England.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
The sports premium must be used to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
- Improving and adding to current PE equipment
Improving the teaching of PE and the learning experience for all pupils
Increasing participation in local festivals and competitions
- Supporting Gifted and Talented Pupils in developing their skills
Enhancing the playtime experience by making playtimes and lunchtimes more active
- Enhancing the confidence of Pupil Premium children to participate in PE and sports
- Increasing access to a wide variety of sports for all pupils
- Creating a lifelong habit of physical activity