We are delighted that Ofsted have classified St Kew as a 'good' school. Some highlights from the inspector's report are included below, and you can download the full report at the bottom of the page.
- "The curriculum is well planned and subjects are closely integrated into exciting activities and events that stimulate pupils’ interests and foster a respect for the environment. All pupils have some lessons outdoors every week where they can apply skills learned in mathematics, English, science and geography."
- "Assessment information and pupils’ work books show that the most able pupils make very strong progress across the school and within lessons. The work they are given is challenging and often individually planned. This is particularly true in mathematics, where pupils are given opportunities to enter national challenges."
- "Parents have great confidence in the school and feel rightly that their children learn in a secure setting. Parents value the opportunities they are given to share in celebrations of success and become involved in the life of the school. They say that the school has a real family atmosphere."
- "Disadvantaged pupils make good progress. Leaders use additional funding to promote their achievement and confidence."
- "Pupils who have special educational needs and/or disabilities are making very rapid progress from their starting points. This is because their plans and assessments are regularly checked by leaders and they are well supported in the classroom by teaching assistants in particular."
If you would like to make an appointment to discuss any aspects of the report, or to arrange a visit to St Kew, please telephone the school office.